This translation is incomplete. Please help translate this article from English.
element, to generating intricate graphical and audio effects using APIs such as WebGL and Web Audio.
Each individual interface across all APIs is listed in the index.
There's also a listing of all available events in the event reference.
- Document Object Model
- The DOM is an API that allows access to and modification of the current document. It allows manipulation of document
Element. HTML, XML and SVG have extended it to manipulate their specific elements.
- Device APIs
- This set of APIs allows access to various hardware features available to Web pages and applications. E.g. Ambient Light Sensor API, Battery Status API, Geolocation API, Pointer Lock API, Proximity API, Device Orientation API, Screen Orientation API, Vibration API.
- Communication APIs
- These APIs let Web pages and applications communicate with other pages or devices. E.g. Network Information API, Web Notifications, Simple Push API.
- Data management APIs
- User data can be stored and managed using this set of APIs. E.g. FileHandle API, IndexedDB.
In addition to these APIs that are available to any Web site or app, a set of more powerful Mozilla APIs are available to privileged and certified applications.
- Privileged APIs
- A privileged application is an installed app that has been given specific rights by the user. Privileged APIs include: TCP Socket API, Contacts API, Device Storage API, Browser API, Camera API.
- Certified APIs
- A certified application is a low-level application performing critical operations in an operating system like Firefox OS. Less privileged application interact with these applications using Web Activities. Certified APIs include: Bluetooth API, Mobile Connection API, Network Stats API, Telephony, WebSMS, WiFi Information API, Power Management API, Settings API, Idle API, Permissions API, Time/Clock API.
Join the Web API community on our mailing list or newsgroup:
Also, be sure to join in the live discussion in the #webapi channel on IRC.
These topics may also be of interest: